Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Saturday October 4, 2008 at 20:25
702Tech
Long Time Member
October 2006
Thanks for the response everyone,

Buzz just to be clear, the Russound CAM6.6 controllers are talking to the RFX9600 via HEX serial commands, not ether-net. Only the ST2 XM talks via Pronto Script. But the router is a Linksys WRT54G and the Pronto Network is independent from the home network due to security reasons. As stated, the Russound is working again after resetting the extender with the issue. The CentraLite (serial 2) also talking via HEX serial commands has yet to recover. Also I use fixed IP because of the different access points and as you know Prontos + roaming = not good.

Lyndel I will try resetting all 3 RFX9600 extenders to see if that helps. Why would the other 2 extenders have any effect on the first one the is physically connected to the Russound and CentraLite? Should I reset all remotes as well? Could this have happened due to adding a new device and controlling it via RS232?

SJHart, the 2 Vizia RF serial bridges are located 5-6 feet from each other in the equipment room. Just to confirm commands example node 4 ON >N4ON/r OFF >N4OF/r DIM UP >N4BR/r DIM DOWN >N4DI/r are correct? I will try Lyndel's advice and reset ALL extenders and see if that helps. If I remember right, you also are using two serial bridges one for HAI and one for Pronto? If so, have you noticed that controlling Vizia RF via the HAI keypad or OmniTouch that sometimes will skip controlling on/off nodes? But if you enter the HAI Pronto Script and go to control, room, all commands work every time. Weird
Wire Works of Las Vegas

Hosting Services by ipHouse