Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday October 16, 2008 at 07:49
buzz
May 2003
I deployed the TUS9200 and RFX9200. I had a few "Command Failed" incidents, but it is too early to know if this will be the usual thing.

I will say that I've found the configuration program to be rather unstable. I had outright crashes of the configuration program and defective downloads. In one case the RF channel used by the remote was switched. (the program showed channel 3, but I had to switch the RFX9200 to channel 1 for communication) By the way, the channel seemed to switch instantly. I did not need to remove power as I had expected. (See post above). Closing the configuration program, restarting, and downloading again cured the problem and I could switch back to the expected channel 3.

Another little quirk is the message thrown when the battery charge is too low for downloads. The configurator claims "corrupt configuration" leading one to believe that the configuration program has shot itself in the foot (again). Placing the TSU9200 on the charger will not cure the issue (or begin charging) until the USB cable is unplugged first.

Overall, I feel that I wasted too much time working around quirks and limits of the wizard type of configuration program. A novice consumer may be satisfied with this sort of programming approach, but I will not program another one of these units for a price that the consumer will find attractive compared to a TSU9400 plus programming.

Hosting Services by ipHouse