The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Sunday January 11, 2009 at 21:08
Ted K
Long Time Member
August 2002
No modifications required at all to power levels. Just update the RFX's firmware by plugging RFX into power and ethernet into PC for about 5 min (I disconnected my PC from the router to do this as it wasn't finding the RFX through the router). Then, configured three controls on back of RFX to match settings in Config (i.e., channel, RF stand alone or WiFi, and unit number), plugged into power, plugged emitters into back of RFX and taped them directly over component receiver. Then downloaded new configuration file to TSU9400 console. Worked first time out. Took less than 15 min to install.

The only other thing to consider is you may need to make changes to your configuration file. Nothing major, but changes nonetheless. I had to spend an hour modifying my configuration. My main changes were (i) In my current configuration file, I had many macros in the activity based home screens (e.g., watch TV, watch Blu Ray, listen to XM, etc.) that pulled IR Codes right from MY DATABASE. I had to now put some hidden pages on each devise to hold the discrete on and off codes (other than the macros, I only had power toggle codes on the individual device pages). (ii) You can only make each device (i.e., and I'm referring to programming using PEPv1 not PEPv2) either RF or IR. You cannot combine transmission types for a single device. Therefore, I also created a hidden device for the TV itself as it's commands are combined on pages that primarily control the DBS box (HR22). While I wanted the DBS box controlled via RF as it's behind the cabinet door, the TV sits atop the credenza and I wanted it's commands sent IR so I could avoid having to put an emitter on the front. By creating a separate hidden TV device, making it IR, and then linking buttons on the pages of other RF devices to this, it solved the issue. The device where the button appears is RF, but the actual command is sent IR to the TV. (iii) Finally, and as an added spousal safety measure, I put the eject/open commands for the CD, DVD and BluRay on a separate hidden device that is IR and linked the buttons on the related RF devices to it so that no one can open the trays with the cabinet doors closed and damage the players. The rest of the buttons for that device are RF.

Let me know if you have more questions, but to be honest, I wish I'd gone this route first time out. Would have saved ALOT of time and headache.

Last edited by Ted K on January 11, 2009 21:16.

Hosting Services by ipHouse