The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday January 5, 2009 at 14:00
n2hifi
Long Time Member
August 2007
Sorry I'm late to this, but the DirecTV receivers have a notoriously sensitive IR receiver and generally do not work with the transmitter stuck directly to the unit. The generally accepted soultion it to take a piece of electrical tape, poke a small hole in it with a pin and cover the eye on the receiver. Then place the emitter over it. What I have also fould to work is to suspend or mount the transmitter several inches away and off axis with the receiver. The resistor Xantech suggested cuts the output and works as well, but isn't as easy or cheap.

I don't know about the other unit, but wanted to add to a comment Barry made about the Xantech simply repeating exactly what it is given and being tuned around a frequency range. Although the 9600/9400 are capable of much higher frequencies the Xantech repeaters will not work for some of those higher frequencies. Xantech made a unit a while back that was tuned for B&O and a few other offenders to work in the higher ranges, but it was discontinued.
Mark Olsen, CTS
Cannon Design

Hosting Services by ipHouse