Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Friday January 2, 2009 at 14:20
Ted K
Long Time Member
August 2002
mteele,

Looked at swapping out my Xantech LCD dinky link kit for the Plasma, but it's $250 versus the $150 for the LCD. For that price, I ordered an RFX9400 Wireless extender that's designed to go with the Philips Pronto TSU9400 remote as it's the same price. Just received it mid day today and tried it out without really running all the wires nicely (i.e., plugged it into wall outlet, laid it out on floor, and taped emitter to front of HR22 as well as XM tuner Xrt12. Both worked perfectly which supports the argument that some made here that the complex macros and codes of the Pronto were being corrupted by the LCD IR repeater. So, that's the solution for me. Post here if the resistor solution works. I did have to spend 1 hour tweaking my config for the change to RF, and had to create some hidden pages and two new devises so that I could move IR commands on RF devises to another page, but other than that, it was really a simpler solution. No receiver had to be hidden anywhere, like with the dinky link as it's now predominantly RF (except for the TV and my home automation control of lighting and fireplace). I also got a bit fancy and moved the eject commands for the CD, DVD and BD to IR on a hidden devise so my family cannot hit them with the cabinet doors closed and break the players).

Hosting Services by ipHouse