The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday December 27, 2008 at 11:57
Ted K
Long Time Member
August 2002
Okay. First off, thanks for your reply. Very much appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I'm not using an RFX, but am using a dinky link receiver to the Xantec distribution block. Wanted to avoid changing the remote to RF as I also have X10 codes being used for Lighting and Appliance control of our fireplace in the room. I'm then using dinky link emitters connected to the dinky link distribution block. It's sold as a kit from smarthome ([Link: smarthome.com]). The equipment is right on top of each other so very close, and the distribution block is right there as well. Less than 12 inches. The emitters are like 4 ft in length, but those are the ones that came with the kit, and you obviously don't want to shorten them. There's no issue with polarity as they do not have bare wire ends, they just plug in and noticeably blink.

Both devises currently work terrific with the TSU9400, and have for 4 months (been using it with the cabinet doors open until I had a chance to install the ir distribution block). No complaints or problems with missed codes. The Polk codes were learned from the original remote through the TSU9400 as it wasn't in the PEP database. Works fine again for about 4 months and counting.

Now I'm really stumped. If both the TT12 and the HR22 have frequencies less than 60 khz, then I totally don't know why what I have isn't working. The emitters are definitely working. I've even swapped the emitters from a component that is responding to one that is not to ensure it's not the emitters and it wasn't. I also took the one that wouldn't work to control the HR22/TT12 and placed it on another component and it worked fine. So it's not the emitters. I also tried changing ports on the distribution block to ensure it wasn't a bad connection. That made no difference either??????

Let me ask, it seems like the RFX9400 doesn't broadcast all signals on all IR emitter ports, but that you have to assign each component in the control pannel an IR port in the RFX. That's problematic for instance, on my TV devise where some of the buttons (volume, mute, etc.) control the AV receiver, the majority control the DBS box, and some control the Sony TV. I'd also need to use multiple RFX9400s as I need 8 components linked up. This is why I've totally avoided using the RFX. Seems like a much more complicated and less easy to implement solution. I was able to do this easily with the Xantec by just using dual emitters and hiding a receiver on the front of the TV. The Xantec solution just seemed so easy except for the fact I cannot for the life of me get these last two components to work properly!!

Last edited by Ted K on December 27, 2008 12:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse