The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday December 26, 2008 at 15:03
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On December 26, 2008 at 13:38, Ted K said...
Apparently, the unit I have picks up IR signals
between 30-60khz

Does it retransmit at those same frequencies? Some units might pick up a wide range of frequencies but only retransmit at 38Khz.

the HR22 and XM tuner may work at
frequencies between 60-100khz.

I really doubt that. The HR10-250 uses the Tivo IR code set, which is at 38KHz. I would be surprised if any DirecTV device uses IR outside of 36Khz to 56Khz.

Here is a sample hex string for the XM tuner:

5000 0000 0000 0001 001B 004C

That is 36Khz. It would work even with the crudest IR distribution systems that run only at 38Khz (IR isn't picky about small differences in frequency, such as 36Khz vs. 38Khz).

So something else (not frequency) is wrong. Best guess is the physical location of the transmit portion of your IR distribution device.

36Khz to 40Khz will work with almost any IR distribution system, so even if we don't trust the "60-100khz" claim, I wouldn't suspect frequency to be the problem unless you have learned signals for the DirecTv and they are over 40Khz.

Cannot post one for the DVR as I used the database codes
for all functions. None needed to be learned.

Don't you have an original remote? You can learn a signal even if you didn't NEED to learn a signal.

You might also consider testing the IR distribution system with the Pronto and an original remote: You'll probably need two people for this. Use the Pronto to learn a signal from the Xantech IR emitter while you send the signal from the original remote to the Xantech IR receiver. If you post the resulting Pronto Hex, I can tell you what if any distortion the process introduces (including any frequency shift).

Last edited by johnsfine on December 26, 2008 15:22.

Hosting Services by ipHouse