The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 6, 2009 at 09:22
Mike Sherer
Long Time Member
February 2009
Long time reader first time poster. Thanks to all who make this such a great site.
Had the Remote for couple Years now.

Main Issues:

Layout: TSU9600 pre pepv2, Firmware 5.0.6
RFX9600 controller, Firmware 1.1.36

Issue:
I was having many for some time, command fails, wifi disconnects ect… Most all that got fixed with the replacement of my Router. I now run a Hawking HWRGM1A
(recommend router via Phillips). The router is 6 to 8 feet in the equipment room from the tsu9600. The signal is strong, all bars most the time. IT does bounce around some, which Is odd beings the signal, and distance should allow it to be strong all the time. Here is where the main issue comes in. I set the unit in the cradle for the evening/day, Pick it up the next evening, it connects showing 2 bars. That’s it won’t get any better, doesn’t matter how close or far away you move the TSU9600. The only way is to cycle the power. Once rebooted and connected it has full bars again and works fine.

The TSU9600 is set for 24 hour, basic WEP64 security. I don’t see a reason why it would do this. The other access point is at the far corner of the house. I don’t feel it could be reconnecting at some point to it instead of the local one in the Home Theater. I mean that might explain it, but I don’t think that is the case.

I hope I have provided enough information that might help in any ideas of why the TSU9600 is doing this.

Side Issue:

Is there any rules to order when setting a Macro. EG: sending RS232 before IR (either IR thru extender or direct to a device) For some reason my command RS232 to turn on the Main Zone of my Yamaha RX-V3800 fails to work, ( Used to work every time) The projector turns on (direct IR) and the Screen goes down (extender IR) and all the jumps ect work fine. But the Receiver fails to. The flipside is the OFF Macro, ( turning off the projector, screen up, receiver off, lights on) that Macro works correct every time.

Thanks to all who read this and can help me in my pronto issues.
- Michael
You can never have to many toys....

Hosting Services by ipHouse