Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 24, 2006 at 20:05
JonW747
September 2006
I thought this was working well, but I noticed an anomoly in that it doesn't seem to be handling repeat codes well with my MX-850. It might be because the standard remote has a really long delay before it starts auto-repeating.

If anyone learned the codes or based their HR20 device off of something other then the H20, one way to see if it's behaving correctly is to hold the PLAY button down while playing a recording. It should switch in to slow play mode after ~ 3 seconds. Likewise if you hold FF down for ~ 3 seconds it will skip to tick or bookmark. Or just hold an arrow button down while in a menu. It should auto-repeat after a bit. It just doesn't with the H20 preprogrammed code set.

Anyway, this is just a heads up. I'll be looking for a work-around probably later this week if someone hasn't already identified it.

Update 1: This might be strictly an emitter issue.

Update 2: There's a thread on dbstalk where they say that a distinct and unique code is sent out after certain keys have been held down for 3 seconds. If that's the case and these codes can be captured, then specific Slow and Skip to Tick codes could be created making the URC remotes even better for controlling the HR20 then the OEM remote.

Last edited by JonW747 on September 25, 2006 16:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse