The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Sunday October 1, 2006 at 09:33
sunstar
Long Time Member
October 2003
Obviously live update is important to some and relatively unimportant to others; I happen to reside in the first category. About 3 years ago I purchased an MX-700 from an unauthorized dealer and was not concerned about the lack of warranty or telephone support.

Recently I purchased an MX-900 from an AD since I specifically wanted the live update feature. With the button push reliability issues with this remote (as mentioned by Jon above) I am extremely happy that I have this feature. It will be very interesting to see how URC handles the software release that provides a remedy to this problem. It would not surprise me if they do not make it available to those who purchased from unauthorized dealers.

If live update is of little importance why wouldn't URC have made it available to those who have to register their remotes to receive the software?

I will agree that when the remote is operating correctly there is limited need for live update; but it is nice to know that you have the option if needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse