The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 29, 2006 at 16:21
ldp1953
Lurking Member
September 2006
I saw the MX3000 at a party at someone's house and decided it was cool so I ordered one via the net. I knew nothing about the controversy about software updates and MX Editor etc. I just went to the web and found a place and bought it as I have done with hundreds of items during past several years. NOW I find out that I am screwed becuase 'I didn't do my homework'. In the aforementioned hundreds of items, I was NEVER put in this position...I am screwed.
From most people's perspective, the main puropse of the web is commerce, pure and simple. URC is doing what it can to protect its channels and elevate their channels partner's profits. I appreciate that...but the real money is selling lots and lots of units and they made a marketing decision. My feeling is they should have 'sold' the support for those who did not buy the product thru one of their official resellers , using an 'open source' model. This is how companies like Lynux, MySQL Mozilla etc make money...and lots of it.
Heck, I'd pay money for their support and updates at this point but they shut that off completely.

So I am now stuck having to search for 'bootlegged; edition of MX Editor. What else can I do? I am open to suggestions....

Hosting Services by ipHouse