The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday November 3, 2006 at 00:42
Pete Harrison
Founding Member
December 1999
Hi Tekno you will enjoy your purchase - it's a great product. I have both an MX-3000 and a few MX-900's and it's great to have the macros reside in the MSC-400. This allows me to just set up the macros once and then have both types of remotes point to them. It's also great for long macros which I could never do reliably before with my MRF-300. I have a macro to set the locks on and off on my satellite receiver which takes about 20 keystrokes and it now works every time guaranteed. It is also great for favorite channel macros.

I have not used the RS232 yet and am just waiting for my Yamaha receiver to be added to the database. I also need to spend some time to see if I can have my Ocelot send ir signals through RS232 to the MSC-400 as well.

For DIY's it is important to have an easy way to hook up to your computer. My office computer is about 50 feet away from my wire closet so I ran a USB extension through Cat5 which works like a charm. This allows me to easily make constant refinements.

I have a video sensor connected and it works great. I was also able to set up some variables through the MSC-400 which allows me to use the same MX-900 file with a few edits in two different viewing locations.

Pete

Hosting Services by ipHouse