Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday November 6, 2006 at 00:58
Mitch57
June 2003
I'm posting this from a previous thread to address what I believe to be a an issue with the RF base stations provided by URC. The issue seems to be that URC is providing a solution to the RF interference but is missing part of that solution. Providing an RFX extender which moves the RF receiver away from the RF interference doesn't address the problem if the cable that connects the two togeather is subject to RF interference itself. Moving the box doesn't negate the problem unless the teather (the cable) to the box shields the interference that you are trying to eliminate.

If the purpose of having the RFX-250 is to move the receiving end of the RF signals away from interference then why wouldn't URC provide cables that were shielded to prevent interfrerence from poluting the cables in the first place?

The RFX-250 is worthless if the cables that connect it to the base station are prone to the same interference that your trying to get away from. I've experienced this same problem with my MX-350. I move the RFX-250 but I still get interference UNTIL I move the cable that is teathered to the MX-350 away from the offending interference.

Why doesn't URC provide shielded cableing with their base stations to begin with? Obviously they are aware of the fact that the supplied cables will likely introduce the same interference that their product is suppose to allow you to move away from.

I personally had to use the extra long cable with the 3.5mm connector on one end and the tinned ends on the other just to get enough cable length to allow me to move the cable out of reach of any RF interference.

It seems to defeat the whole purpose of having the RFX-250 all togeather without having shielded cableing as a part of the package. I guess I need to make my own cable using CAT 5/6 cable to resolve the issue.

Am I missing something? Does basic common sense elude me? I can create my own cables and I will do so just to test my theory. But I think that most of us know that introducing a shielded cable will in fact solve the problem. So why isn't it included with the URC base stations?

Hosting Services by ipHouse