The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday November 15, 2006 at 21:11
jazzerd
Long Time Member
September 2006
I'm back and I claimed success too soon. I now know what my problem is but need help finding the solution.

As described in my earlier posting, when I activate the "turn on the TV" macro the Yamaha receiver turns on and goes to the correct input (e.g. TV), as designed. I have selected a sound setting that resides with two other settings. In other words, button 5 is the Entertainment sound setting. Within this setting one can select by sequentially depressing the button: 6 channel stereo, Disco or Game. My desired setting is 6 channel stereo. The problem is when I power down the system then activate the "turn on the TV" macro again, the sound setting moves to the next setting (i.e. Disco). The next time I repeat the on-off sequence the setting comes up "Game". I'm sure you get the jist of the problem but I wanted to thoroughly describe the problem (because I'm desparate for a solution!).

I called Yamaha and they said the receiver is working as it should in this regard. I was advised that I needed the "extended" IR code for this button in order to make it stop toggling. Is an "extended" IR code the same as a "discrete" code? I was given the impression that they are different. The CS rep advised me to call a Yamaha dealer and they could give me the extended code. I called a dealer but they were not too helpful.

So, can anyone help me locate this extended code or come up with a work around solution (besides choosing a different sound setting)? I searched this web site - no joy.

This is last item I need to resolve before completing my programming. I've learned a lot but apparently I still somewhat ignorant. Help, please!

Hosting Services by ipHouse