Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday November 17, 2006 at 08:29
Jester7677
Long Time Member
November 2006
Guys,

How exactly is storing the entire remote of a component in the sub pages of an Activity (device) the most efficient way of programming this remote?

How is flipping through pages desireable?

You would have to either do that for every activity, for every component, or you would have to remember where you put the remote commands for the TV... "oh yea, I placed that on page 6 of "Watch Cable". Oh, and the full DVD remote is on Page 4 of "Listen to CD"... No offence, but that's not what I would do at all. There are times when I need access to the full TV remote, and I'm not going to go hunting for the page in "Watch Cable" to get to it. Too many button presses, far too many.

Having a clear area for full remotes "Listen" and for activities "Watch" is the way for me. If your method works for you, great. If I were doing this for someone else and had to explain this to my parents for instance, I could see why you do what you do... I could hear this from my mother... "so why am I on "Watch" when I want to Listen to music?... " :)

Your right, I did come from Harmony and I see the differences in the two. That's for another place...

Nickko - If I had more than one page full of activities, I would go with your method of using both Watch and Listen for activities, and in the sub pages at that level, put the component remotes. Thankfully, I don't and therefore like having all activities on the Watch page. My goal is minimum button pressing... :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse