The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday November 16, 2006 at 23:40
NickKO
Long Time Member
July 2006
Jester - Glad you are getting it going the way you want, but I agree with 8ate8 here. I haven't messed with the harmony remotes so I'm assuming that's what you've had experience in but I currently program the MX series at work (along with prontos previously) and I think you're getting it but you're doing it the hard, and long, way.

Like what was said above the Watch and Listen are meant just to separate out the activities between those that need involve watching something and those that just involve listening...... really just too make it easier on the end user. If I programmed activities only under watch and made the Listen area device jumps then I know I would have a lot of confused customers on my hands.

People do it different ways but usually on page 1 of Watch and Listen you have your "activities" - (e.g. Watch Cable) that has the macro commands and then goes to the Watch Cable device which has the cable box controls or some people make a separate device on page 2 of watch called cable that houses the commands. Regardless, it is kinda confusing at times because there's really no different between devices and activities. Whatever labels you put on the Watch and Listen pages, the software automatically creates a device with that same name.

Are you using the ir db to put in ALL the commands for your system? If so, that's really the long way around... : ) Generally, the order I do things is name all my devices (separated onto the respective watch and listen screens), and then from the Program menu option do "step 2" and assign the correct device from the IR database to each of the devices you created previously. And at this point I usually take some time to test some commands, learn in any extra commands, move buttons around on the LCD, etc... Then I make my macros. I just start at the first device/activity on the watch or listen pages.... Ex: Cable.... click on that LCD button, hit the record button on the macro list, and then go through the devices on the left explorer window and click on the commands I want to "record" into the macro. So I'm really never pulling each individual code from the IR database explorer unless I need to fix a missing command or something specific. But in the past like 5 months I've only had to do that 2 or 3 times, and I've never had to mess with the repeats function yet.

Hosting Services by ipHouse