The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 10, 2006 at 16:29
Jester7677
Long Time Member
November 2006
Some of you may know that I have been in the market for a remote, and bought a MX-900. Here are some questions, and I'll update this sections with the questions and relevant answers. Here are some of the first ones that I have...

1) What is the significance of "Listen" and "Watch"? Just different high level pages? Thinking along those lines and having history with Harmony, I made "Watch" my activity pages, and "Listen" my device pages. Personally I think "Listen and Watch" are silly and would think they would make them activity and device. I mean, even the instruction manual shows activities under these pages. Regardless, pease confirm that this is an acceptable way without impact.

Answer: They are just high level pages. Separate things as you see fit.

2) I cannot find an easy way to take commands from one device and drag it to another. Why? Because I have a number of activities that span a number of devices and I do not see the reason one should have to hunt through the IR db for the mfg and model number for every button, for every activity that you want to set up. I'm doing it, but not liking it. Punching through is not always an option (like the dolby button on the pre/pro, it's mapped to an LCD button in the main device, but there is no way to punch through an lcd button). I tried opening two Editors against two different files (fully expecting a crash:), but dragging from one to another does not work.

Answer: You cannot right click, then copy, but you can choose the button and do a CTRL-C, go to the destination and do a CTRL-V to paste. This works.

3) If number 2 is not possible, is it possible to limit the IR Db Navigator to the components that you have? Wow would it have been nice to be able to open multiple IRDB Navigator windows or Universal Browser windows... good lord...

Answer: No

4) Is there any way to turn off the beeping when pressing a button next to the LCD or "Listen" and "Watch"? Pleeeeease? :)

I found this in the manual, but cannot find where to set this anywhere, would LOVE help...

"SOUND/BEEP - You can adjust the Volume of the MX-950 speaker. Note that TX-1000 and MX-900 editor offer BEEP volume to set the volume of the Beeps. If your client prefers silent operation, simply set the volume to 0."

I do, I really do... :)

Answer: [Link: remotecentral.com]

5) For the programmed (out of the IR db) commands, is there a way to see or sdjust the "repeat", once they are brought into a "device" in the remote? Repeat 3 is not a good thing for volume. Luckily the IR command had to come from a downloaded file and used from the Universal Browser.

Last edited by Jester7677 on November 14, 2006 14:06.

Hosting Services by ipHouse