Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday November 23, 2006 at 13:29
magic bob
Long Time Member
February 2003
Here is my setup:
Various Sony HiFi components (receiver, tape, cd, etc.) and a Squeezebox3, located in the family room. I like to control them via RF with a MX-3000, MRF-300/RFX-150, and individual flashers. All of it stacked closely together in a HiFi rack.
The Sony components work just fine, however the Squeezbox3 gives me grief. It is not responsive to the commands coming from the MRF. It either hangs or does not respond at all.

Here is what I have done thus far:
- I have a similar set up in my home theater in the basement (several AV components, another set of MX-3000, MRF-300/RFX-150, including a Squeezebox). There, everything (hardware, codes, etc.) works just fine, no issues at all. I have swapped all URC components and Squeezebox around individually (the family room components with the ones from the basement): all components work fine when in the basement, but have issues when in the family room. To me this means that the hardware is ok, as well as my programming.
- Verified that I can control the Squeezebox via IR directly from the MX-3000 - this is in the family room
- Switched between various RF channels – issue persists.
- Verified that the LED in RFX-150 only lights up when it gets an actual signal; it remains dark otherwise - no glowing
- Moved Squeezebox, MRF-300, and RFX-150 around. There I found that the location of the MRF-300 seems to be key, not of the RFX-150 as I had suspected. I found that if I move it in the middle of the room the setup works find. However, this is not an acceptable solution. I could find a spot for the RFX several feet away from the HiFi rack area, but this does not really work for the MRF-300. Too bulky and too many cables/extensions I would need to run. My wife would kill me, if I did this…

What puzzles me is that the Sony components work just fine in this environment, but not the Squeezebox.

What else can I try?

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse