The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday November 21, 2006 at 12:31
Glenn Gentilin
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 2006
Since all of the buttons on the MX-900 can be programmed to perform Macros, and these Macros can be 'press-n-hold' Macros, many installers have told me that they program the center select button with a 'press-n-hold' for the "List" or "TiVo" command. Just make the Macro a 'press-n-hold' and don't put anything in the "Before" window. This will allow the original IR command to be issued when the button is pressed and released. Choose 2 seconds in the 'Time' drop down box, then put the "List" or "TiVo" command in the "After" window. The client now has to hold the center select button for 2 seconds, and they get their 'Now playing' list.

Also, many installers complain that the "Fav" button forces them to provide favorite channels since the clients will inevitably ask what that button is for. Removing the button allows each installer to decide for themselves if he or she wants to provide this option.

Personally, I prefer to have the Record button as hard to find as possible. I do the vast majority of recording through the 'To Do List' and 'Season Pass'.
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Hosting Services by ipHouse