The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday December 18, 2006 at 10:39
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On December 17, 2006 at 18:58, Spillage said...
Why is it that when I use MakeHex I get

Note then last four digits are different to your output.

Most of the values in Pronto Hex are approximate durations, so slight changes in the numbers don't change the meaning at all. That is especially true of the last number. Even a much bigger change in the last number wouldn't change the meaning.

I guess we're using different versions of MakeHex. Occasionally I change the rounding rules or similar details in MakeHex because I find some obscure protocol where it matters. That tends to cause lots of tiny changes to the numbers in all the common protocols where such changes don't matter. Sorry for the confusion.

This question has I'm sure been asked before. How do I
know what to change this text to.

It is rarely correct to change anything other than the device number.

There might be a need to change T to be 1 instead of 0. RC5 has two versions of each signal. Changing T gets you the other version. The device won't accept the same version of the same signal twice in a row. If you need to use the same signal twice in a row in a macro, you may need to construct the two different versions of the signal to make that work. Of course you don't need that for discrete codes because you wouldn't want to use one twice in a row.

Other than Device and T, it is really rare to have reason to change something else in an IRP file.

On December 17, 2006 at 19:06, Spillage said...
How did you know from
looking at the code that I posted that it was not right??

I decode Pronto Hex with the JP1 version of IrTool.exe plus DecodeIr.dll
[Link: remotecentral.com]
[Link: john.fine.home.comcast.net]

With those I could see your two discretes were the same device and function but different values of T. So I knew they weren't really discretes, just sometimes acted like discretes (because sometimes the device will accept only the value of T that it didn't see last).

With those tools I also saw that the function number was 12. Almost all devices that use RC5 protocol use function 12 as their power toggle command.

Hosting Services by ipHouse