The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 9, 2007 at 00:10
xterm99
Lurking Member
January 2007
I am purchasing an mx-3000 from an AD who is quoting me what I would consider a hefty fee to program the device especially given the small number of home theater devices I am controlling (TV, Blu-Ray, AVReceiver, DVR Cable Box).

1. What would be considered a normal price range for programming the device given so few devices?
2. Is it easy enough to program it yourself? Is there enough freely downloadable material out there that others have written so that you just have to modify a few settings? or doesn't it work that way?
3. It is worth it to get someone else to program it (provided the cost is in the normal range).

I am, by no means, a good programmer but, I have written a number of VBScripts to automate various administration tasks at work as well as .bat files and kix scripts.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me and please forgive me if any of these questions are inappropriate for this forum. Please feel free to contact me directly with any feedback if this answering here is inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse