The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday January 16, 2007 at 17:24
mkaplan
Long Time Member
January 2004
I agree with the comments mentioned here. I am new to the MX-3000 (off a Pronto 3000) but actually miss some of the features in the ProntoeditNG software.

On December 5, 2006 at 10:54, blakrj said...
As there seems to be no clear way to report & address
defects/bugs/enhancement requests in URC software, thought
it might be a good idea to start off a thread that someone
from URC might pay attention to. I'll start off with a few:

I hope that URC does listen here and implements the suggestions in this thread.

Bugs/Defects
- Battery Indicator - does not show past the 5th frame of an animated GIF.
- Fixed size dialog boxes (e.g. Variable Manager). Cannot
see complete text in right side and cannot scroll or resize to address.
- Dragging devices (to arrange the order). Does not always
move the selected device (i.e. moves a different one)
- Memory Leak - it appears that after a number of hours
usage, the editor starts having issues and behaves erratically
(e.g. clicking on a device does not always highlight it amongst many others)

I will add one... I find that CTRL-Z (Undo) many times does not work. It works when I click on UNDO in the menu but not the kbd command.

Wishlist
- Would be nice to be able to zoom into 'simulate mode' too (can do in 'page mode')
- Allow selection of any of the installed Windows fonts
(currently has a very limited list)
- Opening of multiple RCC files at the same time and ability
to copy between them (cut & paste from one file to another, or drag and drop)

I would love to see this. It is one of the things I miss about ProntoEditNG. I could open 2 different files and copy and paste easily between them. That was convenient to bring others design elements/codes into my setup.

- Hex Editor - long overdue

Absolutely! There are some things I would like to see out of URC which would make importing codes & setups easier. They MUST (they may never but they really should) support importing PCF's from somewhere within the editor. I think it is wrong to tell people to download another companies CCF editor to enter codes (especially when you don't let people download yours... even some of those that have previously purchased your device) in order to import a more 'standard' file format and not support a newer (IMO more used) format that is available. And if you have codes or design elements you like in a PCF, you are S.O.L. That would be the ultimate way especially for those that may have had the competitors’ product in the past. This would also open up URC clients to a much larger source for design elements & codes. This would make upgrading much easier and supply more codes for those that need them. Look at any software programs of the past. When WordPerfect was number one, where would MS Word be if they could not import a previously saved file created in that and other W.P. files.
Michael

Hosting Services by ipHouse