Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 76 made on Friday October 26, 2007 at 23:24
jberger
October 2006
Attended a training in Nashville yesterday with both the 810 and 980 remotes.

Walked out with 6 of the 810's as that was all they had left after the class. There were no 980's available yet, they should ship any day.

Sold (2) 810's this afternoon, with the caveat that we can move over to the mx-900 if the 810's give us problems in the installation. They are replacing pronto 3000's so there is only upside for the client in this case.

I'm impressed with both units, the 810 is a great price point and the 980 looks great.
Not to sure about the new top plate (the top surface below the buttons), it's on both the new units. It doesn't look as nice as the 900's.

Also the 810 has 3 different plastic colors, textures and styles which just looks a bit odd in my opinion. The 980 didn't have all the different colors and textures, but the top plate is the same as the 810. Neither matches the bottom plastic and it's just a bit odd.

810 thoughts:
The 810 certainly doesn't feel as solid as the 900/980 models, but it's much better than a harmony 890.

The "Rec" button on the 810 lights up in RED, as does the power off button. Both are a nice touch.

The usb port has a cheesy cover plug that will be ripped off within weeks of installation. I'm seriously thinking of just cutting them off before I sell them just so they don't fall off in the client's hand. . . hope they change that soon.

The power adapter uses a barrel style connection and the power supply is designed so it doesn't cover both outlets when plugged in. Nice.

Doesn't seem to play well with the 250 base station (not that anything works with the 250) will be testing with a 350 and 400 when I have a chance.

Built and downloaded a test file for my home theater in less than 45 minutes. Downloaded fine and it worked as expected, even the macros worked with no changes.

The IR power does not seem as strong as the 900/3000 models.

Visually,
My wife really likes the 810 better than the 900/950 models. She says it's easier to understand and she liked the button layout compared to the 900/950's.

The screen on the 980 is beautiful. Same resolution as the MX-3000 but a smaller screen due to the tighter DPI. Simply beautiful.

Didn't get enough time with the 980 to say much more, just really looking forward to the release of these too.

Just felt like there needed to be a little balance to the thread. Only time will tell if the 810 is a hit or not.

Hosting Services by ipHouse