The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 71 made on Tuesday October 23, 2007 at 19:46
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Given the degradation of the nature of the conversation, I'm stepping out of this one. I don't appreciate having personal insults slung at my friends and coworkers, and I think most reasonable people would agree that such comments in no way work towards a constructive goal. Just because someone doesn't mind being seen as a jackass doesn't mean anyone else has to just smile when said jackass starts insulting their friends for no apparent reason.

To those who expressed legitimate concerns, I close with this: the MX-810 and ProWizard were created in direct response to installer requests. If you learn the nuts and bolts of the product and think it doesn't meet your clients' needs, then this product may not be one you want to sell. URC has a finite set of resources. While we cannot produce every possible configuration at every possible price point for every conceivable installer need, we are listening to your requests. You may not have been among the group who wanted a wizard-based editor, but believe me, there is a large group of installers who told us that this is exactly what they wanted.

This round of products may not have produced the precise product you've been waiting for, but we will continue working to balance the needs and wants of installers with the technical and market feasibility of responding to particular market segments. I hope that one of our other products or a future product better serves your needs. However, I still firmly believe that if you let ProWizard do its thing instead of trying to make it be MX-Editor, most installers will be pleasantly surprised at just how powerful and flexible this alternate solution actually is.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse