The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 62 made on Monday October 22, 2007 at 19:15
J.Todd
Long Time Member
August 2007
OK. I have been reading all the " I hate the software but I love the remote" comments. I think that the real problem is that the "CI's" and I am one are pissed of becouse this remote is what we have been looking for, the color screen, good looks and a good price, but it was not designed for the "CI programmers" but for the basic "CI's" and we are upset. We want a remote that looks like this and at the same price. I do alot of custom graphics for the MX-3000's and when I found out they were going to have a remote at the $399 price that I could do color custom graphics, I was very happy. Got the program and I could not stand it the firat time I tried it.

It is a great idea to free up the programmers for the bigger jobs but the problem is that the database is not 100%. If a basic or entry level "CI" programs the remote and they don't understand why the "prowizard" did not get it exactly right and don't know how to fix it, who has to go out to the jobsite to fix it? The programmer and if they hate the software they won't want to fix it. They will tell there boss that they hate that remote and take a longer time to fix the problem and this make the boss more upset. The boss sees the time both CI's spent on the remote and the trucks. If this happens again and again the boss will put that remote and might even take another look at URC's other remotes to make sure they are not having problems.

The next problem is that URC said there is going to be a consumer remote (R70) that is alot like the MX-810. I do understand that URC has remote that overlap ( rf-20 and MX-350) but there are some real differances in the remotes.

I did not want to ramble but I just feel like we (CI's) wanted a remote like this with the same type of program we are used to. It was just a big let down for use.
J.Todd

Hosting Services by ipHouse