Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 19, 2008 at 23:44
aedile
Long Time Member
August 2006
Greetings,

The last several days have been "Adventures in Spoofing an Analog Slider/Dial" for me. In trying to come up with a way to do things without a zillion variables per slider, I got bored and started thinking back on CompSci 101. I figured I could store a lot more data with a binary system, so I came up with one. It allows addition, subtraction, and is error checked so it bottoms out at zero and tops out at the max (which is currently 16, but could be expanded).

The unfortunate thing is that now that I have one, I can't figure out how to apply the number being stored to my slider. I think I may be on to something with a 16x1, 8x2, 4x4, 2x8 unit image schema, but I am getting hung up in the details. Anyways, if this is not making much sense to you, don't worry, it is confusing the heck out of me and I am supposed to be good at this stuff :D.

Anyways, I went to all of the trouble of making my binary system and so I thought I'd share it just for kicks. Here is a direct link to the file:
[Link: mx-3000.com]

As promised, if I ever DO manage to figure out the whole slider thing, I will share. I have come up with a couple of solutions, but they are neither scalable, nor practical. If anyone has ever tried to tackle something similar, please PM me and let me know what you came up with.

Okay, I am rambling now, so I am going to stop.

Regards,
-aedile-
www.mx-3000.com
Templates, tutorials, files and more.

Hosting Services by ipHouse