The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 14, 2008 at 12:26
Rarebird
Founding Member
March 2002
Ok, I have a new 980 and RF 350 coming today! I want to use it with a TV, Receiver, and HTPC. I think this might be an easy setup since I keep my TV and Reciever on the same inputs all the time and do almost everything from my HTPC using Girder. Also Girder is already setup so I just need to have girder lean my new IR codes or I could have my 980 just lean my old MX-500 codes. My old remote was a MX-500 (using IR Clone software) so this seems like something I can do....I hope! I really thought hard between this and the 810, but I think this might be worth the extra ~150.00.

First I am looking at the software and want to setup my DVR, Music, and some of my other HTPC functions. Since I have all this coded in Girder is there a fast way to assign all my 980 buttons some bogus IR codes that will not interfere with my Onkyo receiver and my Sony TV or do you recommend that I just learn the codes from my old remote?

Second I need to setup 2 easy macros, well I hope they are easy. I need the system on button to turn on my receiver, turn on my tv, and turn on my HTPC app via Girder. I also need the system off button to power of my reciever (uses a discrete code for standby), power off my TV, and I do not care if it kills my HTPC app since I really just want to make sure that is working when I power it on.

Any help would be great! Chad

Hosting Services by ipHouse