Rarebird
Founding Member
March 2002
On March 15, 2008 at 20:34, cb1 said...
Try turning off the IR on the remote( at least for the
problem component) I have a Rotel pre amp, that the
volume does not respond to RF, works great for IR< some
brands just dont talk to each other very well

I might have found a solution! I tried using some other pre-programed codes with the USB-UIRT instead of using the "learn" feature of the 980. I am now using the codes for a Sony SAT-W60 and having much better luck. I think the 980 was having a hard time with learning the codes from my mx-500. It could also be that I am not doing the correct steps when learning codes with this remote, but I think I am.

I found this out because Girder was showing me some strange codes from my 980 when I press the remote buttons quickly. This is kind of strange because I can press the buttons on my mx500 fast and Girder shows the correct codes every time. I then used an old learning Radio Shack remote and it learns the codes off my mx 500 fine. For some reason the 980 has a hard time learning these codes. I really have no idea where I got the remote codes from, but I have been using them for years with my HTPC. I still need to do a little testing, but once I started to use the SAT-W60 codes it started to work much smoother. I did have to change the repeat from 3 to 1, but I tried that before with the mx500 codes and still have issues. Anyway I think I am on to something. I need to get this working soon before the wife freaks out! Chad

Hosting Services by ipHouse