The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday March 15, 2008 at 15:54
Rarebird
Founding Member
March 2002
Well I have continued to try to fix this and see it is an issue with the MRF350 (mostly). At first I thought this was just on my HTPC controlled via Girder. Now I see this same delay on everything. I really hope their is a fix for this because I do not think I will keep the remote if this is normal. Certain functions of Sage require you to enter text via a number pad and this delay causes it to fail every time.

When I just use the IR signal it works better, but not as smooth as my mx-500. It still lags a little making it slow. When I only transmit an RF signal I get a lot more delay. I really notice this with my on screen guide or digging through on screen menu's. If I want to scroll down 30-40 shows and click the down button on the remote really fast it's not very responsive and only works every 3rd time or so. I tried turning off repeat, but that does not make an difference. If I wait 1 second between every click it works fine. When I change the setting to transmit IR only I can spam the button fast and it works better, but not as smooth as my old mx500. Is this just a limitation of the RF to IR conversion? I was really hopping that my remote would function exactly the same with only using RF. I messed with IR signal strength an it does not make any difference. I can only guess it is a delay in the MRF350. Chad

Last edited by Rarebird on March 15, 2008 17:33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse