Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Saturday February 23, 2008 at 23:38
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Brent:

I totally understand your reasoning. We designed the button set of the KP-900 going through constant interaction with a group of key dealers. Although of course the channel functions are worthwhile, most of the dealers indicated that channel macros, plus the ability to directly control the Guide, more than made up for the lack of channel buttons. I agree with their thinking: what's easier, standing at a keypad and pressing CH+ 388 times to get through the DirecTV channels to the one you want, or to press the Page button once and then press the "EPSN2" button?

Don't get me wrong: I understand that some clients are still going to be the "388 presses" variety. But the large majority of dealers greatly preferred this configuration, considering that they can still program CH- and CH+ on the LCD screen.

And no doubt, the market will let us know whether this is the right choice. So I appreciate you taking the time to indicate your preference. As the product makes its way into the market, we will pay close attention to the needs of installers as we look forward to future designs.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse