Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Tuesday March 18, 2008 at 18:52
jag_man653
Long Time Member
January 2005
Thanks, Dale. I think I've got the unit under my control now, with
a lot of help from this list. But, I don't totally buy into your arguments.
What you seem to be saying is the software user's manual is written for people
who already know how to use the software. BTW, I've read some of the the reviews for the MX-900 at the Remote Central site and see that lots of people love the hardware but dislike the URC policy of not supporting end users. Also, these units come up on eBay all the time "brand new unit, used it one time." Each one of those people is going to tell their story to their friends and advise them to get a Harmony. Seems to me a lot more units could be sold by reaching out to those people, at least those that are so inclined, rahter than throwing logs in the road in front of them. I'm not saying you have to abandon your dealers, just give a modicum of support to the consumer. I'd suggest (a) get a pro software documentation person to rewrite the user's manual rather than a pro Home Theater installer, and (b) make it possible for any owner to upgrade the software, even if it was through a separate paid license. You could give your dealers an edge by having Pro version or something.

Enough said, though. I've gotten the help I needed and I'm happy with the unit now.

Ed

On March 13, 2008 at 18:12, Darnitol said...
So, take heart. You're learning something that wasn't
meant to be the easiest path— it was meant to be the quickest.
And if this was the 20th MX-900 you've programmed this
month, trust me, you'd be very happy that it works this
way and not the way that would make it easier for first-timers.

Best regards,
Dale
Ed S

Hosting Services by ipHouse