Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday March 13, 2008 at 18:12
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Ed:

One thing you're suffering from is that you're programming a pro-level remote as an end user. As I mentioned before, being an end user doesn't mean you can't or won't have the skill to do a great programming job. However, because the product was designed for professional programming, the software and manual are designed with trained installers in mind. With the benefit of our online training or live training classes, pro installers learn the ins and outs of the software directly. The UI of MX-Editor isn't necessarily designed for the kind of easy discovery you'd program for an end-user product. It's designed to make it as fast as possible for a trained installer to use it.

Think of a formula 1 race car: nothing in that cockpit is intutive except the steering wheel. Sure, you know how to drive a regular car, but without some hands-on training, you basically can't drive the formula 1 even though it's technically a "better" car than the one in your driveway. But once you're trained, the controls of the formula 1 give you more control, faster, than you could ever get with the controls of a regular car. And for the formula 1, that's what's important.

So, take heart. You're learning something that wasn't meant to be the easiest path— it was meant to be the quickest. And if this was the 20th MX-900 you've programmed this month, trust me, you'd be very happy that it works this way and not the way that would make it easier for first-timers.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse