Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Thursday March 13, 2008 at 17:53
jag_man653
Long Time Member
January 2005
oex,

You're probably right. As I have ben saying, it's finding them that's difficult. Just today, for example, I set about getting the macro set up for turnning everything on needed to watch a DVD. The first thing I noticed was it would not respond to the P-ON. This was a surprize since my Pioneer DV-525 was the ONLY component I have that was in the database under that very model number. P-ON and P-OFF are there, but do not work at all. I was tempted to just learn these from the MX-500 (which I had taught with my OFA using discrete codes gleaned from some online source 3 years ago). That worked for the Sony recevier/amp and would have been easy, but I decided to find it in the database instead. Since the USP port on my laptop is broken I can't just sit in front of the system and test with the MX-900 connected to the computer. Following a suggestion someone here made I then looked at every Pioneer 1, Pioneer 2, etc. and put all that showed P-ON and P-OFF onto the remote at once, using device names PNR-1, PNR-2 etc. Turned out that Pioneer 1 worked! Of course little else in that set worked because it appears to be for a disk changer, which the DV-525 is not. So, I renamed the PNR-1 device PDSCRT and jump to that in my DVD macro for P-ON and P-OFF. Then I deleted all the other PNR-2 etc. Works fine.

So, it was there and I did find it. However, given that I already had the OFA code it would have been faster to just learn it. I wonder how many of the pros in this business have an old OFA in their tool box :-)

Ed

On March 12, 2008 at 23:42, oex said...
jag - i would be shocked as hell if EVERY single code
you need is not in the database.
Ed S

Hosting Services by ipHouse