Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday March 10, 2008 at 11:40
jag_man653
Long Time Member
January 2005
Thanks.

I have no doubt the codes are there somewhere, it's just a question of where.

As I said, the particular component in question is the Sony STR-D990, circa 1994.
The closest model number I can find in the database made available in the MX-900 editor is STR-D965. That provides a lot of functionality, but leaves me with the familiar problem of P-ON and P-OFF. The TUNER soft button will turn it on, and once on either the hard OFF or ON will turn it off. I went through this with the MX-500 and learned that discrete codes for power were available on the STR-D990, and I found them. Since the remote that came with the STR-D990 does NOT support the discrete power functions, I had to buy an OFA, poke the codes into it, and then use it to teach the MX-500. I can do that again with the MX-900, of course, but thought it strange to have to use a competitor's $20 remote to program the MX-900. (From other replies I now understand why that is, so no need to go into this issue.)

But, if you do know how I can find the P-ON/P-OFF for the STR-D990 in the MX Editor database, I would much appreciate your telling me. The documentation says if the exact model number isn't there one should use a generic one, e.g., SONY 1, SONY 2, ... SONY 41. By looking at the functions of those one by one I can find some that list discrete P-ON & P-OFF, but it looks like if I chose one of those instead of the STR-D965 I would lose a lot of other functionality. I'm thinking there must be a way to extract just the P-ON and P-OFF and insert them, like one can do with the OFA. Still haven't figured out how to do that though.

Again, thanks for you help. I do appreciate it, and I do like the MX-900 in many ways.

Ed

On March 10, 2008 at 00:02, oex said...
ed

almost every code you could want is in the database

as for your opinion ofthe 900, your off base. there are
vERY few codes not in the database.

list your gear and we can probably tell you where to look.
Ed S

Hosting Services by ipHouse