Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday March 9, 2008 at 22:52
jag_man653
Long Time Member
January 2005
What kind of three digit code?\

Called variously discrete codes or advanced codes, as far as I can tell. When I got the MX-500 I did a lot of digging to find ones for to work the P-ON and P-Off kinds of things for my legacy components. For example, I found I could select a code for a Sony Audio unit from the built-in list on my MX-500 that worked well except for all but P-ON and P-OFF. I then dug out the codes 113 and 109 from the JP1 site and confirmed that they worked.

If it's a One-For-All code, then it's proprietary to One-For-All
remotes.

Most discrete codes are in the MX-900 database. If not,
you can generally find them in another database in one
of URC's formats or as a CCF or in hex codes...check the
"Files" section of the site.

3 digit codes are not a standard.

These may not be standard, but they work.

What would keep URC from giving me the ability to poke these codes into my MX-900 directly rather than going through the exercise of finding them again in the context of some other file? It just baffles me. Also, even if they ARE in the MX-900 databaso, how do I find them? There are dozens of Sony Audio units, excepting of course my ancient STR-D990, plus all the SONY-1, SONY-2, etc., with no hint of which one might contain the 2 codes I need. Do I try them one by one?

Anyway, thanks for your comments. I do appreciate them. I guess I'm still smarting from laying out $250 and finding that the MX-900 is not all that much better in the very resoect that I found the MX-500 to be lacking.

Ed
Ed S

Hosting Services by ipHouse