The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday May 4, 2008 at 21:42
Curtis-r
Founding Member
August 2001
I have a TViX M6500-A media server which is giving me a tough time with the up/down/left/right keys. Learning those keys in order to move and stop one menu position works fine. The problem is hold-and-repeat to scroll. The included TViX remote scrolls/repeats when you hold up/down/left/right, but it doesn't work on my MX-980. I played with the repeat setting for that key, with no luck. If I learn one of the buttons by holding it on the TViX remote, the MX-980 blasts a code to move 3 positions. If I then shorten the repeat # to 1 and run a test through the Editor software, it only moves 1 position, but when I then download to the actual remote, it still moves 3 positions.

What I have discovered is apparently there is an initial IR code for up/down/left/right, followed by another subsequent code when you hold the button to repeat. I was successful in learning the initial code and the subsequent "repeat" code (which apparently is the same "repeat" code for up/down/left/right) to another button.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get this working on the remote. I even tried an IF-THEN whereby if I held the key for >=1 second it flashed the "repeat" code. No luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. [And rhetorically, why did the TViX manufacturer have to make their remote so complicated?]

Last edited by Curtis-r on May 4, 2008 21:58.
URC MX-980, MX-800, MX-1000

Hosting Services by ipHouse