The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday August 26, 2006 at 15:37
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
I cannot find Plinius in any of the URC non-PC-programmable remotes' IR databases. (own pretty well all of them)

A couple of suggestions:

1) Purchase the remote you want from an Authorized Dealer..... if you like the MX-500 or perhaps the URC-200 or 300 ........ which offer a great deal of flexibility as universal remotes....... and then take it down to your Plinius dealer to learn the codes, especially if there are more than the Vol + and - and Mute that you need;

OR

2) Purchase one of those remotes from an Authorized Dealer and ask politely if they would take one of their own PC-programmable remotes and teach the Vol + and - and Mute to your new remote before they ship it out to you. You would get this at either a nominal charge or no charge at all.

SurfRemote.com and ProRemotes.com are both regular contributors to this forum if you want to buy online, and are very helpful and are Authorized dealers. Both can also help you to refine you search, although I think the MX-500 or URC-300 would be great for you. The MX-600 offers RF if you need to go that route. The URC-300 (same remote as the RF-30) is already RF ready.

Or, if you have an Authorized dealer in your area, ask them the same thing. You only need three codes.

I've got to run.

Have a great day.

Feel free to ask more questions, and email me if you wish. (Address in my profile.)

Greg

P.S. I'm leaning toward the URC-300 or RF-30, IMHO.
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse