The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday August 28, 2006 at 01:59
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
Well, I am so glad this forum has been started.

I will be moving on September 1st and have bought an HT armoire to house my entire HT equipment, including my Sony HDTV, and although I have enough remote controls, RF receivers, etc. to easily use my equipment, I have no way of seeing the front displays of my equipment.

Without getting into ultra high end remotes wired remote controllers, is there a remote out there that would at least give me feedback from my TV when the armoire doors are close so that I can see the the TV's OSD (On Screen Display) of my Marantz 8500 receiver?

I would think that this would also allow me to see anything on my TV, including the TV's menus.

Or, do you have another idea for a small LCD tuner that I could have near my listening area that can receive the OSD information from my receiver? IN REMOTE would be preferable though.

My equipment list:

Sony HDTV
Marantz 8500 AV receiver
Motorola Cable Box
Sony DVD player
Sony 5-disc CD changer
Sony 995 400-disc changer within a year, which coincidentally has an On Screen Display)
Sony VCR
Sony Dual Tape Player
XBox

In a nutshell, I'd just like to see what's going on behind those closed doors!

Price range? I don't know! I'd have to see the capabilities of such an item, if it exists, to see if it justifies the cost.

Thanks!

Greg
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse