The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday September 10, 2006 at 23:54
bfeinberg
Lurking Member
September 2006
My highest priority is to support my Dish Network DVR. By "support", I mean that the remote should have a prominent button labeled "DVR", along with the 30-second skip forward button, skip back, page-up, page-down, guide, info, exit, arrow keys/select, fast-forward, rewind, stop, and play. I would like all of these buttons to have clear labels/icons. My next highest priority is to switch the inputs of my JVC TV and Kenwood audio receiver as part of an automated sequence/macro when I indicate, for example, that I want to switch from watching satellite to watching a DVD. After that, I would like full support for my new Lite-On DVD recorder, including it's model-specific buttons (e.g. Guider - which initiates an on-screen wizard to set up a DVD recording session). Supporting my old Panasonic VCR is lowest priority. Ability to program via a PC is desirable, but my wife would probably freak out if I spent more than $100 on a remote control. I also need to be able to send volume commands to the audio receiver regardless of which device mode I'm in.

Thanx for any advice you may have!

-Brian

Hosting Services by ipHouse