The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday September 8, 2006 at 13:25
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On September 8, 2006 at 00:59, peabody67gto said...
I cannot find the code for my Coby DVD recorder to enter
into my Sony, RCA, and Viewsat universal remotes

None of those are learning remotes?

Do you have
to press each button on the remote and then press the
buton on the learning remote to program it?

Yes, but learning remote button before original remote button. In more detail:

1) Follow instructions from the learning remote's manual to put it in learning mode.
2) Press a button on the learning remote to start learning
3) Press a button on the original remote.
4) Quicky go to step 2 for another button. Any long pause makes it time out of learning mode, in which case go back to step 1 to learn more buttons.

Will it be
able to control all the features you want it to learn?
Any brand better or is easy to program?

Certainly the models Edmund suggested have enough learning memory for all the functions of one DVD device (even if you want lots of advanced functions many other people never use).

But if you want to program your 6, 8 or 10 device remote to actually control that many devices, you better find built-in setup codes for the majority of devices. There is one pool of learning memory for all devices together (same size pool on the 6, 8 and 10 device models) and it isn't enough to provide reasonable support for 6 devices by learning alone.

Those models have a great library of built-in setup codes (better than other brands or other models of OneForAll) so you probably won't have many other devices that don't have built-in setup codes.

I don't really know how its learning capacity and ease compares to other brands of learning universal. It compares well to other models of OneForAll.

Hosting Services by ipHouse