Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday October 19, 2006 at 00:05
sunnyd76
Lurking Member
October 2006
Hey all...

So I have a Rm-AV3000 that I have been using for the last couple of years, and although I have some issues with it, it has worked well for me... Recently half the LCD screen went dead... and that’s why I am here...

Can some of you guys give some suggestions based off the following important Characteristics I am looking for....?

Important:
1. The RM-AV3000 really got me angry when it came to changing volume... Unlike the remote that came with my receiver... I could not hold down the volume button to increase volume... I would have to sit there and repeatedly press the button slowly to make the volume increase.... Are there any remotes out there... that once programmed will let me hold down the volume button and increase volume... (Do you guys get what I am saying?)

2. The RM-AV3000 came with codes for X10 IR... do either the RC9800 or 880 come with the codes? I guess I could use the 'learn' function on any remote... but will the LCD display buttons for light control? (I have those little x10 IR boxes all over the apt)

3. Something that looks cool... maybe a color LCD

4. I can’t spend a crazy amount on a remote... so I was hoping for something under $300

Those are the things that are important to me... I feel like all the other stuff that I do can basically be done with any remote...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse