Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 24, 2006 at 11:54
htadmin
Lurking Member
October 2006
Hi all,

I have been trying to find a "big button remote" (you know, the kind that doesn't require you to use your fingernail to push the buttons!) that has some universal / multi device coverage as well as some button learning capability maybe.

Basically I have a Harmony remote that does everything I could possibly want, but I just want an extra remote that I can use for basic on/off channel flipping with my HT setup (projector, amplifier, tuner and DVD are all separate boxes).

I did try Philips big button universal remote (PHBIG3) and I like the style, but it doesn't seem to have codes for my Sony amplifier/receiver which is required for audio, and it also doesn't seem to have codes for my LG TV Tuner, which is also required for TV switching.

Mainly I don't like the Harmony for DVD menu flipping because that thing is just too small for my fingers, although I like a lot of other things about it.

I wouldn't mind using the Harmony to turn everything on/off, I just want an additional "fat finger" remote for basic TV/DVD viewing.

Anyone have any ideas what might work here?

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!

Hosting Services by ipHouse