The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Tuesday November 28, 2006 at 03:12
GregoriusM
RC Consultant
December 1999
The MX-900 will give you your first list, and the MX-950 will give you the rest, except for the color screen. The 950 does allow you to change the color of the backlighting for every device.

The 900 is USB, but is battery operated. Both have hugely better backlighting than the 800.

The 900 is about the same length as the 800 while the 950 is longer and heavier.

The 950 is more customizable using variables. The 900 does not support variables, but there have been unsubstantiated rumours that it might support limited variables in the future, however that rumour has been around for a long while.

I just changed from an 800 to a 900 and it took me a couple of months to get used to the new button layout, but now I'm quite comfortable with it. I love the Skip+ and Skip- buttons. Blue backlighting is nice. I have the 950 as well, and prefer the 900 for daily use.

Forget the rumours about URC not providing software upgrades. If you buy from an authorized dealer or custom installer, you will get a link to the updateable software to download.

I hope this helps.
When ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise.

Hosting Services by ipHouse