Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday August 24, 2005 at 11:10
ddarche
Mr. RemoteQuest
February 2002
Thanks!

Well, so far so good. I sent a note to UEI suggesting they extend the browsing capability. Not so much a "browser" (that would be nice too as suggested by Springs) but at least let me browse the network for folders on any other network device. As it is today, it will only let you browse to physical devices like hard drives, memory stick, etc, on the specific windows box which has the Nevo server software running. No Network Neighborhood, which should be fairly easy to include in the CE OS.

They did mention to me that they are putting a list together of the UPnP devices the Nevo will see. It was suggested that maybe the DLink Media Lounge renderer would be seen by the Nevo on the network and mp3's on a windows box that is not directly connected to the theater gear, could allow output to the theater audio source.

I wish more info was available. Maybe when we get to CEDIA.

However, I think it has a lot of promise if they do some work on the software. I have 4000 tracks on the display of my Nevo at this point and it has about 10 built-in methods for indexing your music. Pretty slick.

Dave

This message was edited by ddarche on 08/24/05 11:52 ET.
Dave D'Arche
http://RemoteQuest.com
Fine Home Theater Remote Controls & Solutions - Programming services for most remotes

Hosting Services by ipHouse