Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday December 19, 2005 at 10:21
conley_jb
Long Time Member
June 2005
UPDATE:
To answer MC33's question, I was unable to get it working, or find any codes to get the 9800 to operate my Showcenter. Based on that, the fact that my wife really missed the ability to have seperate icons for individual channels, along with the other abilities I had with my Pronto. I have decided, that the 9800 is a great looking remote with a physical form-factor that I liked, but in comparing it to a Pronto, or the Marantz color touch-screens it just isn't as powerful. Thus I have sold my 9800 and bought a used Marantz 9500.
For anyone looking at the 9800, I would highly recommend it as an alternative to the Logitech remotes, or the Sony touchscreens. Especially if you want a quick and easy set-up, however if anyone is looking to switch from a Pronto, make sure you understand this devices limitations. I thought the EPG would make up for the lack of programability and customibility and the fact that I could setup my entire theater in less than an hour, instead of the days it takes to do a custom theme in a Pronto wuld be worth it. In my case it was not, but in others it may be. I do not want to poo-poo what is obviously a great product and will do wonders with getting touch-screen remotes into the hands of many hometheater owners. I only recommend that before you drop $500 for it, look at the option of a used ProntoPro, or similar. If you have the patience to program them, they are far superior.
There's no such things as a quality Hometheater for under $1000.

Hosting Services by ipHouse