The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday April 13, 2007 at 10:34
RadNew
Lurking Member
April 2007
Okay, I'm looking for a good cheap universal remote. Something that I can lightly customize, looks good, and works great. I've read some nightmare reviews of this product but thought I'd give it another try, it's been a while. For the $150 these things are going for, it looks like you're getting a hell of a remote.

1.) Has Pronto updated the firmware so that you can customize your own menus? Functionality? Jumps?
2.) How is the out-of-the box performance? I have minimal components (TV, Receiver, Xbox 360, TiVo) and just want something to replace those 4 remotes.
3.) I don't really care about WiFi. Sounds cool, but the Xbox does that for me much beter than this thing will.
4.) How is the IR blastig? My components are at ground level, will I have to aim down? My Tivo remote works from everywhere.
5.) I used to program the Marantz remotes a LOT. Does this one work like them? The RC5000 etc?

I'm a minmalist when it comes to setting these up. I'd probably just make some Macros for DVD, TV, HDTV, and maybe some channel pages. Can this guy do all that? Anyone want to loan me one to try out?

Thanks

Hosting Services by ipHouse