Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday March 15, 2007 at 13:47
Sebastian Soares
Lurking Member
March 2007
Hello all,
I had the same issue and fixed it by
doing the following (this applies only to people that have already registered for the EPG service, if you have not done so then go to [Link: homecontrol.philips.com] and do it first).

1. I assigned my router to always assign the same IP (Static IP) to the Rc9800i
2. On the remote interface I went to "Settings" and then "Rc9800i settings" then "Network"
3. I selected the "No I do not wish to use the Rc98001i with wireless network" radio button then "Next"
4. Follow the wizard all the way until the remote is not configured to wireless.
5. follow step 2 again until you get to the network Wizard again.
6. This time select the "Yes, I would like to use the Rc98001i with a wireless network"
7. reconfigure everything again by selecting your SSID network, entering your encription key (if any) and make sure to select the "Obtain IP automatically" as well (this is very important).
8. follow the rest of the wizard and you should then be able to then connect to the EPG service.
The problem is that for some reason once in a while on its own (or due to hardwarer change) the remote goes crazy and unassigns the SSID, IP,etc to something that the wireless network cannot recognize. you'll still be able to ping it ,etc. but won't be able to connect to the EPG site to download.
I hope this helps you all.
Enjoy the remote.

Seb
PS. if you run into the issue again just repeat the steps above.

Hosting Services by ipHouse