Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday February 5, 2005 at 20:01
fosheezy
Lurking Member
January 2003
Hello,

My dad is a dentist, and has a PC, flat panel & RF headphones in each patient room. The PCs are all networked, and have internet access. In the past, when a patient would come in, they'd sit down and we would hand them the headphones. There would always be a DVD playing on the screen for entertainment while they were getting their teeth worked on. That worked well for a while, but now patients tell us they want to be able to listen to some music instead. Since all the PCs are connected to the 'net, and we have a 6mbps DSL connection, I was thinking that we could easily implement streaming radio via Winamp/Shoutcast.

I've looked all over this site, and have owned both of ATI's Remote Wonders, but I can't seem to find an RF remote that is *simple* to use. Most PC RF remotes have way too many buttons; a patient who is reclined in a chair can't really tilt their head to see which button they're pushing. Therefore, I'd like to get a remote which only has a few buttons - Power, Volume, Mute, and Channel. I could preprogram different genres of music into a Winamp playlist; the patient would only have to flip through them (Channel up/down) to find some music they like.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

-Derek

Hosting Services by ipHouse