The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday February 20, 2005 at 18:30
Dave Sylvester
Lurking Member
September 2004
I'm a huge fan of the iMon remote/software package but it's more expensive than some other remotes. I hate the Creative remotes (don't work very well or reliably) and I've had good luck with SnapSteam except I need an IR and not RF interface (~$50 w/ Beyond Media Basic). I'd tell you it's well worth the money to purchase a more robust unit with greater capabilities, however.

I also left a post on the ProntoPro forum about iMon but here's an excerpt:

--
For those of you who aren't familiar with the product, iMon allows you to have access to everything on a computer through a remote control. It's a lot like Windows XP Media Center Edition, however it runs as an application on a Windows machine (instead of a seperate OS), doesn't require a special set of drivers (meaning XP MCE only runs on a very limited set of hardware), and the remote uses IR instead of RF (which makes my Pronto happy). If you're interested in building a Home Theater PC, it's definitely worth looking into; Silverstone makes a great HTPC case (looks like an HT component) that comes bundled with iMon goodies([Link: extremeoverclocking.com]).
--
[Link: remotecentral.com]
[Link: soundgraph.com]

HTH,

Dave
Dave Sylvester
Washington DC

Hosting Services by ipHouse