Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 11, 2006 at 17:58
Stealth X
November 2005
i was told by the sales rep i just bought a Toshiba p100 sd3 Laptop from that i could go onto the MS website and down load MCE 2005 as the unit didnt come with it pre installed. well i discovered today that this is false. i confronted him about this and he directed me to a retailer that sells MCE 2005 OEM for $145.00can. after much griping on my part they agreed to go and purchase this disc for me and provide to me at no cost. so i called microsoft just to make sure this was on the up and up and they have told me IT IS NOT, that i will run into problems if i try and install the software now, as it is intended to be installed only at the factory by the manufacturer. now the rep couldnt give many clear reasons why but kept eluding to the fact that retialers ARENT SUPPOSED TO sell this software. so i got the feeling they just dont "want" people doing it opposed to it not being possible.

so has anyone here successfully down loaded to MCE 2005 software to their laptop PC that didnt have it pre installed. as from what i can see here others HAVE. and if i can, where do i get an IR reciever (i already have an MCE remote from another PC -its an original MS MCE remote)?

thanks alot, Christian

Hosting Services by ipHouse